What's the highest does of gapapintin you can take and does it help with trigeminal neuralgia ?

Dr. Scott Selinger

In brief: Hard to say

The highest dose of Gabapentin would be 3600 mg/day or 1200 mg three times/day.
It is not an established treatment for trigeminal neuralgia, however there was a small study about 15 years ago that showed benefit for 6 out of 7 people. There are many other well studied treatments for this condition.

In brief: Hard to say

Dr. Scott Selinger
Dr. Scott Selinger
Dr. Frances Dyro
Neurology

In brief: Lots

The biggest dose I have seen anyone tolerate was 4800 mg/day.
I wouldn't recommend that dose myself but the person had worked himself up to that level. Gabapentin and Pregabalin are both helpful for trigeminal neuralgia.Pregabalin has an effect after a week.

In brief: Lots

Dr. Frances Dyro
Dr. Frances Dyro
Dr. Vikram Patel