Is there a chance 4 my eyes(3yrs protrudin) to recede since I recently stop smokin after being diagnosed w/ hyperthyroid 4yrs ago or chances are slim?

Dr. Colin Kerr
In brief: Exophthalmos
The word used to describe the protruding of the eyes that occurs with hyperthyroidism is "exophthalmos.
" resolution may take one to two years once the disorder is controlled. Lubricating drops may be necessary. Close follow-up of both the thyroid status and exophthalmos is mandatory. If you have no visual problems, watchful waiting is recommended. Surgery may be a consideration otherwise.

In brief: Exophthalmos
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Ari Weitzner
Ophthalmology
In brief: Kinda slim
But some of the orbital congestion can go down and make the eyes a little less protruding.

In brief: Kinda slim
Dr. Ari Weitzner
Dr. Ari Weitzner
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology