I have a tingling pain in the back of my knee. It also sometimes hurts in the front of my knee. At times feels like its draining fluid. ?

Dr. Amir Khan
Sports Medicine

In brief: Answer 3of 3

Depending on the location of your pain & evaluation by your doc proper diagnosis can be made.
The following possible common problems: 1) front pain with stairs or squatiing: early patello-femoral arthritis , 2) pain on either sides: tendinitis or meniscus tears , 3) back of the knee: bakers cyst, 4) pain all over: arthritis/inflammation.

In brief: Answer 3of 3

Dr. Amir Khan
Dr. Amir Khan
Dr. Amir Khan
Sports Medicine

In brief: Answer 2 of 3

The most common and likely cause of pain in front of the knee is an irritated or early wear of the knee cap cartilage or the surface cartilage of the thigh bone that it rubs.
Other causes could include a plica, patellar tendonitis etc. For starters avoid knee extension machines, deep knee squats, lunges etc. Try therapy, antiinflammatories, ice and sometimes a knee sleeve. See an orthopedist.

In brief: Answer 2 of 3

Dr. Amir Khan
Dr. Amir Khan
Dr. Amir Khan
Sports Medicine

In brief: Many possible causes

Answer 1 of 2 ..
.............Tingling is generally associated with a nerve problem and therefore its possible that your symptoms are being referred from the back. The hip joint can refer pain to the front of the knee therefore the hip and back need to be carefully evaluated. Lastly the knee can be the cause of these symptoms. Please see answer 2 of 2

In brief: Many possible causes

Answer 1 of 2 ..
Dr. Amir Khan
Dr. Amir Khan
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine