My baby girl has diapet rash that is really red and bumpy. What can I do to clear it up?

Dr. Bac Nguyen
In brief: Keep dry, + topicals
It is possible she may have candida/fungus which is quite common.
Change diapers frequently, use a low-heat blower to dry it and topicals such as desitin (zinc oxide diaper cream) cream etc...May help clear up quicker. If not better in couple of days, get her evalauted by her doc... Good luck.

In brief: Keep dry, + topicals
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Mark Patterson
In brief: Possible yeast
Babies commonly get diaper rashes, often due to irritation.
However, a red bumpy diaper rash may be due to a yeast infection, also a common condition. As yeast likes areas which stay warm and moist, keep the diaper area as clean and dry as possible. You may want to try an over the counter anti-fungal cream such as lotrimin (clotrimazole) to see if that may help. See your doctor if it worsens or persists.

In brief: Possible yeast
Dr. Mark Patterson
Dr. Mark Patterson
Dr. Jonathan Jassey