My l5s1protusion causes back, hip, full leg pain.Nerve block unsuccessful.Iv noticed increased weakness and slight dragging of my foot/toes. Any ideas?

Dr. Brian Nichol
Anesthesiology

In brief: Consult surgeon

It sounds as if you have failed a conservative treatment and have now had progression of your symptoms.
Ask your pain management or primary care physician for a referral to a neurosurgeon or ortho spine surgeon . Be sure all your questions are answered so you can make a well informed decision for further treatment. Good luck to you, sir.

In brief: Consult surgeon

Dr. Brian Nichol
Dr. Brian Nichol
Dr. Peter Ihle
provided these were pre block issues I agree. if they were caused by the block, he'll have 2 wait 4 it 2 clear and C what his SSx R.
Dr. Peter Ihle
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: L-5 root

If this came after the block it's no help, but if these were ur symptoms b 4 the block, get in 2 c an orthopedist or spine surgeon.
They can b 1 in the same.

In brief: L-5 root

They can b 1 in the same.
Dr. Peter Ihle
Dr. Peter Ihle
Dr. Bachar Al-Alami
This is Urgent Issue.