What are treatment options for somebody with metastatic melanoma?

Melanoma treatment. The options would include- standard of care treatment vs clinical trials. Standard of care will include: ipilimumab ( yervoy) vs vemurafenib (zelboraf) if there is mutated b-raf receptor on melanoma cells vs il-2 for a very limited type of patients vs palliative care ( hospice ). See more info at www.Cancer.Gov and/or www.Nccn.Com.Discuss with you oncologist the best option for you.
Melanoma treatment. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/melanoma/healthprofessional/page9 i recommend you go to the above site at the nci as there is not enough space to adequately discuss metastatic melanoma therapy.