Is there anything that will help chronic post nasal drip without having to take antihistamines and steroid nasal sprays ?

Dr. Andrew Murphy
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Diff Causes Diff tx

Understanding the cause of the post nasal drip is helpful to formulating a treatment plan.
If allergies are a cause, allergen avoidance / allergy shots may be helpful. If chronic sinus diseases is cause, more aggressive treatment of sinus inflammation may be helpful. If reflux is cause use of anti reflux measures may be helpful.

In brief: Diff Causes Diff tx

Dr. Andrew Murphy
Dr. Andrew Murphy
Dr. Alen Cohen
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Sinus rinses

Although the best management of chronic postnasal drip is antihistamine pills or sprays as well as nasal steroid sprays, sinus rinses can help too.
I usually recommend using the neilmed sinus rinse one to two times a day in order to get the most relief.

In brief: Sinus rinses

Dr. Alen Cohen
Dr. Alen Cohen
Dr. John Chiu
May not be that effective, but you may start with daily saline irrigation of the nose and see if this helps.