I ruptured ligament, a torn ligament, and 2 bone contusions. I was never immobilized. 3 months ago in ankle. Still pain. Is surgery necessary?

In brief: Maybe

Need to be evaluated by specialist to determine damage that has occurred and what can be done to fix this.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Ronald Oberman
Dr. Ronald Oberman
Dr. Herbert Hoover
General Practice

In brief: Need full evaluation

With torn ligaments three months ago and ongoing pain, you should see a foot and ankle surgical specialist.
You might need surgical repair of the ligaments to try to return to pain-free living and walking. With that said, torn ligaments that don't require surgical repair can take many months to heal to a sufficient degree to allow a pain-free state.

In brief: Need full evaluation

Dr. Herbert Hoover
Dr. Herbert Hoover
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine