Type 1 diabetes mellitus and alcoholic beverages. Does beer have a bad effect on blood sugar?

Beer and blood sugar. Alcohol can cause low blood sugar shortly after and 8-12 hours after drinking. If you are going to drink, check your bs right before drinking and only drink if it's normal. It's a good idea to eat before or during drinking to prevent low bs. You should also check bs before bed to make sure you are not low going to bed. If low, eat something. Limit drinks to 1 for women, 2 for men..
Lowers BS. Consuming large quantity of alcohol can predispose any individual to hypoglycemia. This risk is even greater if you are a diabetic on glucose lowering agents such as insulin. So definitely need to exercise caution and make sure you have glucose tablets handy and to wear a medical alert bracelet at all times. Alcoholic beverage do have carbs of course and will raise your bs on the short term.