I have tooth pain but no sensitivity to cold/hot water?

Dr. Jake Richards
Dentistry
In brief: Decay or other
Decay can lead to sense from hot/cold but you can have decay and not have the sense as well.
Another possibility is you may have a necrotic (dead) tooth that is causing inflammatoin and pain is derived from the bone. Tooth would need a root canal if that were the case. See your dentist for care.

In brief: Decay or other
Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. James Wright
Dentistry
In brief: See A Dentist ASAP
Temporarily use something like tylenol (acetaminophen).
Any anti-inflammatory medication can help. Aleve, motrin, advil and even a holistic alternative arnica. Ice to minimize swelling can also be helpful. That is only managing the pain... I agree with the other doctors. Please see a dentist to help you resolve the issue which is causing you pain. Make an appointment asap please.

In brief: See A Dentist ASAP
Dr. James Wright
Dr. James Wright
Pathology
In brief: Caries
The tooth pain needs to be evaluated not only to for pain relief but to prevent further damage to the tooth such as from a cavity.
Sensitivity to hot and cold is usually due to periodontal disease exposing the root. Please consult your dentist, even if you can treat the pain with over the counter medications.

In brief: Caries
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
In brief: Disease
There is a pathological reason for the pain.
See your dentist before it become worse.

In brief: Disease
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Cindy Juster