Is it worse to take antibiotics while pregnant or to have a bacterial infection?

Antibiotics/pregnant. Pregnancy is not a disease, but a positive choice to have a child. If ill, take the antibiotic prescribed. If conception is undesirable, then use an additional method of contraception during that monthly cycle.
Safe antibiotics. Most of the time obstetrician give medications that are safe. Certain infection at different stage of pregnancy can cross placental barrier. Do not take any medication with out consulting your md.