The best birth control pill brand, for someone with long, irregular, very painful periods?

No one best pill. Birth control pills are estrogen and a testosterone derivative called a progestin. This is true for all us bcps except progestin only pills, and a new pill on the market called natazia (estradiol valerate and dienogest). Typically the progestins are used to control pain. If you do not get acne or have acne, the best pill for you is one with a high androgen effect, ie levonorgestral. Estrogen and this progestin will solve problem.
IUD/Implant. Regardless of your age, blood pressure, family history, or reactions to other birth control, the most effective and safest methods of birth control are long-acting progestin-only methods, such as the implant or the hormonal IUD, which decrease rates of endometrial cancer and decrease bleeding. They're safe, reversible, and don't affect weight gain/mood. They're almost as good as getting sterilized.