I have dark spots from acne. They appear the more i pop pimples. They make my skin tone look uneven. How do I get rid of the dark spots?

Dr. Michael Kulick
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: TOPICALS !!

The best way to treat this is with otc hydroqinone cream, kojic acid and if very mild, retin a (tretinoin).
If you have a darker skin type, you may want to have your dermatologist monitor your self intervention.

In brief: TOPICALS !!

Dr. Michael Kulick
Dr. Michael Kulick
Pathology

In brief: Let them fade

This is post-inflammatory pigmentation and the heavily-vascularized healing lesions visible beneath the skin.
Your key is to prevent new lesions. Apply topical benzoyl peroxide twice a day or as tolerable, and if you are not clear in two weeks, get with your personal physician for prescription-strength medicine. Nobody of any age should have to ask the question that you did. Best wishes.

In brief: Let them fade