So is this finger joints swelling/soreness a symptom of arthritis or have I injured my fingers?

Dr. Steven Arbit
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Maybe

Have you injured your fingers? Did you note any trauma? If not the soreness and swelling could be from one of the many different forms of arthritis including gout.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Steven Arbit
Dr. Steven Arbit
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Doubt injury

If you have multiple fingers that are swollen and have tenderness, it does suggest more of an inflammtory type of arthritis.
Unless you can tell me that you had an injury that injured multiple fingers at one time, you should see a physician about the possibility of arthitis or other rheumatic condition.

In brief: Doubt injury

Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Many possible

Swelling in the finger joints can have a number of causes.
Joint swelling can be caused by several different kinds of arthritis including osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout and many others. Injuries to the joints can certainly cause them to swell but usually it is just one or two at a time depending on the injuries. Other conditions like too much fluid in the body or underactive thyroid.

In brief: Many possible

Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine