Soreness & pain in the ball of my foot. Which insoles should I switch to in order to prevent this next time?

In brief: Couple of ideas

If it is just soreness from being on your feet a long time.
You may want to use a soft gel insole. If from walking you may need an orthotic for support and cushion of your feet.

In brief: Couple of ideas

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Pamela Kirby
Podiatry

In brief: Insoles probably not

Insoles are probably not the answer to your problem. If however you have no fat pad in that area, an insole and a shoe with a lot of cushioning might help.
Otherwise you might see your podiatrist. The pain and soreness perhaps, for instance, be from a neuroma, which you really can't treat by yourself.

In brief: Insoles probably not

Dr. Pamela Kirby
Dr. Pamela Kirby
Dr. Jack Hinkle