Soreness & pain in the ball of my foot. Which insoles should I switch to in order to prevent this next time?

Couple of ideas. If it is just soreness from being on your feet a long time. You may want to use a soft gel insole. If from walking you may need an orthotic for support and cushion of your feet.
Insoles probably not. Insoles are probably not the answer to your problem. If however you have no fat pad in that area, an insole and a shoe with a lot of cushioning might help. Otherwise you might see your podiatrist. The pain and soreness perhaps, for instance, be from a neuroma, which you really can't treat by yourself.