How can I quickly get a cortisone shot in san diego for chronic lower back pain? Had one before. Scripps wants me to wait 6 weeks for the shot.

In brief: Standards

Presumably, you are describing an epidural steroid injection, which may well control symptoms if you have a disc rupture compressing a nerve root.
But, the standard is not to exceed three such injections yearly. So, might propose that it is best to delay as you have been advised.

In brief: Standards

Dr. Andrew Germanovich
Physician's sound clinical judgement probably played role here, because this physician is probably looking out for you and wants the gentlest effective treatments possible first.
Dr. Vikram Patel