Returning to work after endoscopic carpal tunnel release. Gradually increase work hours over how many days?

Dr. Robert Coats II
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: It depends on job.

I tell both my endoscopic and open carpal tunnel release patients to take 2 weeks off work.
People with more seditary jobs are usually ready to return to work by 2 weeks. Patients who perform heavy labor may need to be off or on light duty for 4-6 weeks.

In brief: It depends on job.

Dr. Robert Coats II
Dr. Robert Coats II
Dr. Kevin Vaught
Neurosurgery

In brief: Depends on work

It depends on the type of work.
For most patients, they are able to gradually resume most normal activities around 6 weeks after surgery. Most do not require occupational therapy on the hand. However, it can be helpful if the recovery is slow.

In brief: Depends on work

It depends on the type of work.
Dr. Kevin Vaught
Dr. Kevin Vaught
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Job description?

The type of job is very important and recommendations will vary according to work requirements such as lifting.

In brief: Job description?

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Mark Einbecker
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: 6 weeks

It really depends on the job you are returning to.
Factory jobs i will send to pt for two weeks prior to rtw. Usually they are off for 4 weeks prior to going to pt.

In brief: 6 weeks

Dr. Mark Einbecker
Dr. Mark Einbecker