What is bilateral facet and ligamentum flavum hypertrophy?

Dr. Atif Haque
Neurosurgery

In brief: Degeneration

Hypertropy of the facets and ligamentum flavum refers to the expansion of these structures in the setting of degeneration.
These can cause stenosis (narrowing) with compromise of the nerves going to the legs, as well as back pain.

In brief: Degeneration

Dr. Atif Haque
Dr. Atif Haque
Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management

In brief: Facet Arthropathy

Could be facet arthropathy/arthritis.
There are joints in the spine where the bones articulate and can develop bone spurs and cause the clicking with pain typically with extension. I would consider seeing a pain/spine specialist to see if facet injections or radio frequency ablation would be helpful for you.

In brief: Facet Arthropathy

Could be facet arthropathy/arthritis.
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan