I'm Asian am I more susceptible to becoming an alcoholic?

Dr. David Hunter
In brief: No
People of asian decent do not metabolize alcohol well and thus tend to avoid it.
The risk of alcoholism in the United States among persons of asian decent is less than the general population. Responsible alcohol use is the safest course of action regardless of ethnicity.

In brief: No
Dr. David Hunter
Dr. David Hunter
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine
In brief: No
In general, asians have lower rates of alcohol abuse than do caucasians, but that depends on whether they have the gene that encodes an abnormal enzyme which does not metabolize alcohol properly, so that acetaldehyde accumulates, causing flushing, nausea and lightheadedness.
These symptoms generally discourage continued drinking. Your family history, childhood experiences etc also effect it.

In brief: No
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Keegan Duchicela