Pain in upper abdomen. Worried about pancreas. What type of pain is pancreatitis?

Achy into back. Can be dull, achy, penetrating/boring through into bsack; can be more sharp, acute. Can be associated with vomiting, sense of feeling full, feeling sick. Often associated with alcohol use and/or passing gallstone. Can be a very big deal. Any doubt? Call md, get examined.
Abdomen and back. Pancreatitis is usually felt in the upper mid abdomen, right under the tip of the breast-bone and it goes straight through to the back. Some describe it as a knife or a spear stabbing them. It usually does not wrap around the side of the body to the back. If you are worried about pancreatitis you should see your family doctor or be seen in an er.