I'm caucasian am I more susceptible to becoming an alcoholic?

Dr. Jeff Blixt
Addiction Medicine
In brief: See below
I see lots of questions with people asking if there race or ethnicity increases there alcohol or drug addiction risk.
Best answer is to variable to say. Family history is a much better predictor of addiction risk, parents, siblings, grandparents aunts and uncles. And your own health history, history of mental illness, trauma, etc.

In brief: See below
Dr. Jeff Blixt
Dr. Jeff Blixt
In brief: While there is...
...A genetic and familiar predisposition to alcoholism in many families, caucasian race is not by itself a risk factor.

In brief: While there is...
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky