Alcohol used to be fun in college, but now I can't seem to get out of this funk.

Dr. David Hunter

In brief: Depressant

Alcohol is a central nervous system depressant.
It eventually lowers your mood. The "buzz" that people feel when intoxicated is related to the lowering of inhibitions due to the depressant effect on the brain. Chronic alcoholics often need larger amounts of alcohol to achieve this effect which often lasts for a shorter period. This creates a vicious cycle and sustained abuse.

In brief: Depressant

Dr. David Hunter
Dr. David Hunter
Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON

In brief: Time to stop

If you are having this problem, it is time to quit.
I would recommend starting a good diet and exercise program. Alcoholics anonymous is a good start. Also, daily multivitamins, omega three fatty acids in the form of fish oil help. Also, have a complete physical.

In brief: Time to stop

Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
Dr. Vicken Poochikian