I'm afraid of my alcoholic husband. Who can I turn to for help?

Many places. If your life is in danger call the police. Many communities have shelters for battered persons who live in abusive relationships. Alanon is an organization to support family members of alcoholics and has many local chapters. Bottom line is if you feel you may be at risk, you probably are. Leave any abusive situation before you are harmed.
Make sure U R safe. If u want to deal with family issues talk to a therapist. However , if u feel being threaten by him , make sure u r safe.