Ankles and feet have a lot of swelling everyday. Goes down over night but swells throughout day. Sometimes slight pitting.

You need to . Follow up with your internist as cardiac, or kidney function should be addressed. Insufficient venous valves can cause this as can side effect of a medication you take. Finally, pregnancy is always a possibility in a thirty eight year old. (you would know better than me if that is a possibility).
PITTING EDEMA. You need to get checked by your famiy physician.Pitting edema in the legs can come from 1kidney disease 2liver disease 3heart failure 4chronic venous insufficiency there are other rare causes as well.You need a thorough hstory and physical exam and blood and urine test and if indicated other tests and imaging to find out the cause and treat appropriately.