Mild gastro or a migraine. Bad nausea with headache. How to tell if it is stomach virus or not?

Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Pain Management
In brief: Associated symptoms
I would look for other symptoms such as fever, muscle aches, rash, vomiting and diarrhea.

In brief: Associated symptoms
Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Dr. Geoffrey Tyson
Pain Management
In brief: Tincture of time...
The best thing to do is wait a bit and see if other infectious symptoms develop such as a fever, muscle aches, etc, and see if the symptoms go away within 24 hours.
Many GI viral infections are self-limiting and of short duration. Also, if you get frequent headaches with nausea then chances are it is not infections occurring repeatedly.

In brief: Tincture of time...
Dr. Geoffrey Tyson
Dr. Geoffrey Tyson
Dr. Adam Smith