Infection both ears. Is it ok for a child to fly commercial if already on antibiotics?

Dr. Gregory Mosolf
In brief: Yes and no
It is ok to fly in my opinion.
Some of my colleagues may disagree. The child probably will experience pain when the plane descends. In some cases the eardrum may rupture. Pus will come out which may be frightening, but the eardrum will usually heal spontaneously and quickly with no long term consequences. Chewing gum or drinking water on the descent will help equalize the pressure.

In brief: Yes and no
It is ok to fly in my opinion.
Dr. Gregory Mosolf
Dr. Gregory Mosolf
In brief: No problem
The usual kid middle ear infection will include retained fluid & mucus in the middle ear space.
It will often persist for weeks after treatment is finished. As a fluid, it is NOT subject to the usual compression by altitude or cabin pressure. They don't cry when they land. These kids often travel better than the usual kid with healthy ears.

In brief: No problem
Dr. Jonathan Jassey