My mom, 84, if she stop her nexavar (sorafenib) for her primary liver cancer, what would her life expectancy be?

Dr. Aaron Shiloh
Aesthetic Medicine

In brief: 8 months

Without more details it's hard to know.
Best supportive care would be 8 months. Why has she not had liver directed therapy? An elevated AFP is not a contraindication to treatment. I recently treated an 84 yo otherwise healthy woman with hcc with an AFP of 3500. The tumors are now gone and her AFP is 2! if your mom is healthy and you wish more aggressive treatment, it can be done.

In brief: 8 months

Without more details it's hard to know.
Dr. Aaron Shiloh
Dr. Aaron Shiloh
Dr. Sewa Legha
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: It depends...

Most patients with advanced liver cancer live for 6months(without nexavar) to 12 months(with nexavar).
So Nexavar (sorafenib) adds a few months(4 to6 months) at best.

In brief: It depends...

Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery