Three year old has a few small cavities in front teeth. Dentist says no pain no problem and we should just wait til they get loose on their own?

In brief: Second opinion

I would need to see the "small cavities", but I am concerned about leaving carious lesions on any teeth.
See a pediatric dentist for a second opinion. It will cost less in the long run to fix them now.

In brief: Second opinion

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Age of child?

Whether or not to leave or fill 'small' cavities on baby teeth depends upon the size, location, home care, eating habits and most importantly on how long it will be until the baby teeth fall out? - a couple of months may not be a problem, longer may be! check with a pedodontist if concerned (and i would be).

In brief: Age of child?

Dr. BEHRAM DALAL
Dentistry

In brief: Matter of opinion

This is a personal call.
If you are comfortable waiting then that is one option. The second would be to consult with a pedodontist. Cavities (decay) progress at different rates and depends on many variables - diet, hygiene to name a few. What we don't want is an abscess / infection to affect the developing permanent tooth, nor for the child to be in pain. Hope this helps.

In brief: Matter of opinion

This is a personal call.
Dr. Shontae Buffington