I've had a headache and neck ache for over a month? Could this be bacterial or viral meningitis?

Dr. Jane Eason
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Meningitis

Headache, neck ache going on for more than a month is highly unlikely to be meningitis, which is generally is more acute/has a much more rapid course.
YOur problem may be muscular, perhaps you have a cervical spine problem. If ongoing, get it checked. A short trial of an anti-inflammatory may be helpful, too.

In brief: Meningitis

Dr. Jane Eason
Dr. Jane Eason
Dr. Susan Arnoult

In brief: Probably not

Bacterial meningitis moves much quicker and makes you very sick so it wouldn't be lingering around for a month.
Viral meningitis causes headaches and neck pain but usually with fever and will resolve before 1 month. I would see your doctor for thorough exam and then consider seeing your chiropractor to help with the neck pain and headaches.

In brief: Probably not

Dr. Susan Arnoult
Dr. Susan Arnoult
Dr. Oscar Novick

In brief: Headache

Neither, its been too long to be either one.
See your doctor about getting xrays of your cervical spine.

In brief: Headache

Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Shontae Buffington