Do you end up with arthritis in the toes if you cramp them with high heels all the time?

Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Possibly

There is no doubt women who chronically wear high heels do lead to many feet problems.
These go include bunions, foot pain, hammer toes, plantar fasciitis (pain on the botttom of the foot), and yes possible arthritis.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Possibly

Despite being attractive to both women and men, i think that the high heeled shoe with the very pointy toe is one of the worst inventions ever conceived.
The high heels unbalance the posture severely which then has ramifications for all of the joints. The pointy toes in my opinion can predispose to the development of bunions which is a painful deformity of the first toe. Would not recommend them.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine