My mum biopsy revealed squamous cell carcinoma grade 2 (in her mouth). I know it's a type of skin cancer but will it spread?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Needs to be staged.

The grade is an assessment of the degree of differentiation of the cell line based on its appearqnce and is used as an estimation of the aggressiveness.
Grade 2 is typically worse than grade 1 but not as bad as grade 3. This does not necessarily mean that it has or will spread. Complete excision +/-radiation along with staging (local spread to adjoining structures or lymph nodes) is advised.

In brief: Needs to be staged.

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology

In brief: Squamous Ca

Describes microscopic look, can be skin, or lip, or oral source (tongue, floor of mouth, cheek, gingiva).
Needs a team of entsurgeons and rad ; med onc doctor to assess and advise rx for cure without harsh effects.

In brief: Squamous Ca

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi