Is it possible I have sad (seasonal affective disorder) even though living in sunny san diego?

Dr. Douglas Bey

You r probably better off than u would b in a locale with lots of overcast days treatment is usually wellbutrin (bupropion) & light therapy.

Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Possible

People who life in climates with winter months are more at risk for sad.
For some the onset of sad is associated with the decrease of the length of the day and natural sunlight. There are less common cases when people being affected during summer months. I would recommend talking to your health care provider who can make a correct diagnosis based on your history and symptoms.

In brief: Possible

Dr. Miroslava Fox
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Dr. Jack Hinkle