Is it possible for me to have orthostatic hypotension even though I run cross-country?

Dr. Robert Meislin
Sports Medicine

In brief: Orthostatic

Running cross country and having orthostatic hypotension do not have to any intimate relationship as the hypotension may be related to an overactive vaso vagal reflex.

In brief: Orthostatic

Dr. Robert Meislin
Dr. Robert Meislin
Dr. Amir Khan
Sports Medicine

Benign condition such as transient orthostatic hypotension refers to a drop in blood pressure that occurs with the position change of either lying/sitting to standing.
Standing causes the blood in the body to move downward due to gravity and pool in the legs. This results in decrease blood to the brain and a sense of fainting. Medications can also cause similar symptoms. Please see your doctor.

Dr. Amir Khan
Dr. Amir Khan
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine