I have pleurisy from my lupus in the morning my mouth is so dry that my tongue gets stuck to the back of my mouth and its painful is this a side affec?

Dr. Robert Arm
Pathology

In brief: Lupus

Dry mouth is related to lupus.
Involment of the salivary glands, a side effect of your meds, or systemic effects of lupus may lead to the dryness, especially breathing problems, mouth breathing at night. You should have a complete evaluation to see what might help best. Treatment may be a mouth moisturizer or a humidifer at bedside. A breathing test for sleep apnea may be needed.

In brief: Lupus

Dry mouth is related to lupus.
Dr. Robert Arm
Dr. Robert Arm
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology