Does mineral waters have effects to joint pain and inflammation?

Dr. Nolan Segal
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: No

Np hard scientific studies done to show any benefit.

In brief: No

Dr. Nolan Segal
Dr. Nolan Segal
Dr. John Goldman
Not that I am aware of. My patients do, eat and drink a variety of non-traditional substances to help their musculoskeletal complaints. There are those who feel some of these products are beneficial without scientific data. My advice to them is to be certain it is not harmful even if it is not helpful Safety is important!
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Some benefits

Mineral water contains many different substances.
It does contain calcium which can help bone denisty and bone strength. Magnesium also helps bone and the immune system. Iron which is necessary for the body. As far as specific benefits, to reduce inflammation I am not fully aware of those chemicals.

In brief: Some benefits

Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. PHILIP WALLER