I like to drink a beer every now again alone, am I an alcoholic?

Dr. David Hunter
In brief: Probably not
There is no exact test for alcoholism.
In general the cage questioneer can be helpful. If you have felt a need to cut down on your drinking, been angry when others have said you drink too much, felt guilty about you drinking, or needed an eye opener drink in the morning, you may have a problem.

In brief: Probably not
There is no exact test for alcoholism.
Dr. David Hunter
Dr. David Hunter
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine
In brief: Not likely
Depends on whether "a beer" really means one, and whether "now and again" means every day or close to it.
When people wonder if they have a problem, frequently they do. One beer (literally) several times a week, whether alone or not, does not make anyone alcoholic. However, if you are drinking for relief of loneliness, or to reduce the impact of problems in your life, then there is concern.

In brief: Not likely
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Jack Hinkle