Is internal bleeding a common problem of ulcerative colitis?

No- read on. Ulcerative colitis is often diagnosed when someone seeks medical advice for rectal bleeding. However, internal bleeding usually implies bleeding into a body cavity, such as the abdomen or chest. This can be seen after surgery, and in unusual situations even when no surgery has occurred. However, it is rarely seen in uc in the absence of other complications.
Can bleed. Yes bleeding is one of the complication of ulcerative colitis can occur but more serious complications are perforation, malignancy, need regular follow up by your physician.