What are the risks of drinking alcohol (~3 drinks) with oxycodone(not abusing, chronic pain, 30-50mg daily) and is there anything i can do to mitigate?

In brief: detox hotlines

Call aa/na hotline, or 1 855 detox 00 if you feel like stopping dependency provoking drugs.
You may need detox, and stopping on your own may cause severe withdrawals including seizures in some cases. Stay clean.

In brief: detox hotlines

Dr. Carlos Satulovsky
Dr. Carlos Satulovsky
Dr. Carlos Satulovsky
meaning, do not use alcohol at all if you absolutely have to depend on pain killers of that type. It may kill you.
Dr. Andrew Germanovich
Pain Management

In brief: Risk of Death

16000 people made this mistake last year and died.
Alcohol is a luxury not a necessity, stop using it if you're on chronic pain meds.

In brief: Risk of Death

Dr. Andrew Germanovich
Dr. Andrew Germanovich
Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Mitigate = no EtOH

Etoh = alcohol.
If' you're taking oxycodone, you should completely avoid alcohol. It can be a lethal combination. Best way to "mitigate" these risks is not to take them at all! as my colleagues have mentioned, others have used alcohol and pain meds and died.

In brief: Mitigate = no EtOH

Etoh = alcohol.
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
2 comments
Dr. Donald Jacobson
I would like to agree most thoroughly with the above comments. It is a lethal combination.
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Thank you, Dr. Jacobson.
Dr. Eric Weisman