I'm sexually active and in the pasted two months I have had 3 uti's, can I take some preventive medicine?

In brief: Perhaps

Need to get checked.
..That's too many utis in a short period of time. If the utis are clearly sexually related in the absence of other problems, your doc may give you antibiotics to use prophylactically at the time of sex.

In brief: Perhaps

Need to get checked.
Dr. Andrew Siegel
Dr. Andrew Siegel
Dr. David Duncan m.d.
Some people do get frequent UTI with sex with normal exam and testing. I have found that a large glas of water prior to sex and then getting up right a way and urinating (although snuggling till you go to sleep seems better) will wash out most of the bacteria that would have caused the infection if left there till morning. Give it a try.
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Wash before/after se

Always wash your genitalia before and after sex if you are having recurrent utis after sex, drink more fluids like water help flush any germs, pass urine after sex dont hold it, and if you have painful urination drink more water and cranberry juice.
If that does not help you should see a urologist and may need antibiotics prophylaxix.

In brief: Wash before/after se

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Scott Beard
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Urogynecology

In brief: Stop caffiene

And acidic beverages, may have interstitial cystitis.
Next time a culture needs to be done, if negative see a urogyn doc. If positive may need a preventitive antibiotic.

In brief: Stop caffiene

Dr. Scott Beard
Dr. Scott Beard
Dr. Steven Seres