Can you a have eye laser corrective surgery if the eye doctor notice eye pressure in your eyes, and then say it can lead to glaucoma? Plus had sarcoid

Dr. Jon Fishburn
Ophthalmology

In brief: Depends

If your iop is too high for your eyes, this can definitely lead to irreversible vision loss.
Your eye md should be evaluating you for glaucoma ; instituting treatment if characteristic optic nerve changes of glaucoma are present. Sarcoidosis often is initially treated with prednisone, which can elevate iop in susceptible people. I'd advise against lasik until your diagnosis is established.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Robert Chang
Ophthalmology

In brief: Not ideal

If have glaucoma, relative contraindication to lasik.
More difficult to manage glaucoma in lasik patients but laser not described as a cause.

In brief: Not ideal

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology