If you have osteoarthritis and a bone spur in the shoulder. Is the best treatment surgery?

No. Surgery should be the last resort. I recommend trying injections first-prednisone or synthetic joint fluid (like synvisc) can be helpful. The only indications for surgery are pain and inability to move.
Diagnosis? At your young age, the most common reason we see patients with osteoarthritis is untreated shoulder instability. It's not clear from your question what symptoms your are having and by itself we rarely find a bone spur to be the primary symptom generator. Consider an evaluation with a shoulder specialist: http://www.Theshouldercenter.Com/shoulder-specialist.Htm.
Depends! If your spur is at the acromioclavicular joint, it might cause impingement syndrome with your supraspinatus tendon, the largest part of your rotator cuff. I agree with dr. Boomershine on injecting with steroids, usually Betamethasone suspension. This should be done before expensive imaging!