I've been having mild chest pains, shortness of breath, and now my throat feels swollen. Virus or bacterial or other?

Could be. Or could be cardiac pain that is radiating to your neck. Either should be evaluated by your doctor.
Evaluation. Shortness of breath and chest pain (regardless of severity) are potentially serious symptoms that should be evaluated. Do you have fever? You may need xrays. Epiglottitis is a life threatening condition which could cause all of the above. You could have pneumonia or pleurisy or many other possibilities. Please see your doctor or go to the er.