I was hit in the head with a softball on yesterday. The swelling is gone but now around my eyelid is puffy?

Dr. Vance Kilmore
Ophthalmology

In brief: Eyelid swelling

After an injury like this it is not uncommon to have swelling in the eyelids as the fluid associated with the site of impact settles to the eyelid area via lymphatic vessels.
It will even flow from one side of the face to the other. More importantly one must rule out closed head injury or concussions along with local injury to any tissues invloved, especially to the eye if this is appropriate.

In brief: Eyelid swelling

Dr. Vance Kilmore
Dr. Vance Kilmore
Dr. Peter Kurzweil