I tried some kind of deep meditation for pain control. I don't think i'm meditating right?

Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management

In brief: Try this

I have suggested this book to many patients: mindfulness meditation for pain relief: guided practices for reclaiming your body and your life jon kabat-zinn (author).

In brief: Try this

Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Mindfulness Course

You might want to check for mindfulness-based stress reduction classes in your community -- that way you would have a trained instructor to ask your specific questions.
Check for your community on this web site: http://w3.Umassmed.Edu/mbsr/public/searchmember.Aspx this is the program that dr. Jon kabat-zinn (whom dr. Rosenfeld mentioned) started -- and it's now offered all over the world.

In brief: Mindfulness Course

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Michael Rothman

In brief: Nutrient dense foods

Eat foods that are nutrient dense (like meat, fish, poultry, eggs, cheese, low starch vegatables and water) avoid foods that are not nutrient dense (like starches and sugars, including fruit) nutrient dense foods will increase your basal metabolic rate.
On the other hand, starches and sugars impair thyroid metabolism via affects on your liver (which helps activate thyroid hormone).

In brief: Nutrient dense foods

Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. Michael Rothman

In brief: Abdominal breathing

Studies have shown that meditation can have positive effects on your autonomic nervous system, your immune system and your hormonal systems, thus rebalancing your overall metabolism. Proper abdominal breathing techniques are paramount in achieving the relaxation response.
You do not need to be a master. Find someone who can teach you this and then practice it consistently.

In brief: Abdominal breathing

Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. Michael Rothman