I think I might have 6 mosquito bites. How will I know if I get west nile?

Dr. Keegan Duchicela
In brief: You won't.
In the u.S over the past couple of years, the number of west nile infections were in the low hundreds.
You have a greater chance of getting in car accident on the way to the doctor's office, then getting symptoms of west nile (most cases are without symptoms).

In brief: You won't.
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
In brief: West Nile Virus
It is likely that you wouldn't know even if you contracted WNV because about 80% of people have no signs of illness.
In 2013, Per the CDC, there were 2,469 cases of West Nile virus reported in humans in the US in 2013. In 2012 there was an outbreak in the US with 5,674 cases reported.

In brief: West Nile Virus