I had a t2-l1 posterior spinal fusion 5 years ago. I having been experiencing pain in my cervical and lumbar spine. Is this due to degeneration?

Dr. Walter Husar
Neurology

In brief: Possibly

At your age, the reason why you had the spinal fusion is important as degenerative disease is uncommon without underlying trauma or other arthropathy.
Pain in the lumbar region that is due to muscle spasm can transmit/radiate to neck and neck pain can transmit/radiate to the lower back. Need to discuss the discomfort with your physician.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Edgar Mendizabal

In brief: T2-L1?

That would be a very large fusion.
But if it were t12-l1, then, yes you may develop pain in other areas of the spine. The fused area is stiff and neighboring areas have to work a little harder.

In brief: T2-L1?

That would be a very large fusion.
Dr. Eric Weisman