I drink once a week with friends, sharing a bottle of wine. Am I okay?

Dr. Jeff Blixt
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Probably unless?

Believe it or not problems with alcohol are not always defined by amount drank, but instead by what happens to you when you do drink.
Do you engage in risky behavior, does it create conflict with others? I'm streching of course because i would suspect this would only be about 2 drinks max, right? Doing that once a week is likely ok for people with out drinking problems, or serious medical issues.

In brief: Probably unless?

Dr. Jeff Blixt
Dr. Jeff Blixt
Dr. Djamchid Lotfi
Neurology

In brief: YES

Small amount of alcoholic beverages can even be beneficial!

In brief: YES

Dr. Djamchid Lotfi
Dr. Djamchid Lotfi
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Alcohol

If you are sharing a bottle of wine with 2 or more friends once a week you are ok.
If you are concernend going forward write again. Eating while drinking will help limit the effect at the time and thereafter. Best wishes.

In brief: Alcohol

Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Dr. Steven Seres