I think I cracked my clavicle when I landed on my shoulder. How many hours is it ok to wait before getting seen?

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Be seen

I would be seen at your earliest opportunity just to identify the true severity of the injury.
Some displaced fractured require urgent treatment.

In brief: Be seen

Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Allen Lu
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Any time

Since a completely broken or fractured clavicle will heal on its own in the majority of cases, there is little urgency to being seen.
If the pain resolves over a few days and you regain full function, there may not be a reason to seek care. If you have worsening symptoms, or difficulty breathing, then you may need urgent evaluation.

In brief: Any time

Dr. Allen Lu
Dr. Allen Lu
Dr. Marsha Davis