I have a fx on the tip of my thumb and a split is very painful. I want cast but doc says can't check for circ. My circ. Is fine. Should i go elsewhere?

Dr. Chukwuka Okafor
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Your doctor is

Correct. Nothing is wrong with getting a 2nd opinion, especially from an orthopaedic surgeon.
But your doctor is correct. The problem is not your current circulation, which is fine, but if you apply certain dressing/cast, splint on your finger tip, especially if not done properly, it will act as a tourniquet, cutting off circulation, and resulting in you losing the tip of your thumb, as it dies...

In brief: Your doctor is

Dr. Chukwuka Okafor
Dr. Chukwuka Okafor
Dr. Steven Seres