If i wear my dental flipper only 2-3 hours/day is that enough time to keep my teeth from shifting? No implant for awhile...

In brief: Probably not

I do not believe that wearing a flipper for only 2-3 hrs a day will be enough to prevent your teeth from shifting into the empty space.
I would recommend for trying to wear it for most of the day, and leave out at night

In brief: Probably not

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Hard to say without

Actually examining you.
It may or may not be sufficient. A lot depends upon your occlusion, periodontal health, which teeth are missing, type and fit of flipper, etc. I recommend that you discuss this issue with your own dentist who would be the best one to help advise you.

In brief: Hard to say without

Actually examining you.

In brief: how long to

If when u put the flipper in it does not feel tighter and tighter you should be ok signs of tightening or ++ force needed to insert the flipper would be signs of the other tooth shifting.
You should have the implant placed now. You will most likely have to wait six months b4 the implant can be restored and you can wear the flipper over where the implant was placed.

In brief: how long to

Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry

In brief: No

You ned to wear the flipper full time .
Why are you not wearing it? If you have a problem with the flipper see your dentist about this. Otherwise you need to wear it until you can get the implant. Good luck.

In brief: No

You ned to wear the flipper full time .
Dr. Marsha Davis